One of our core beliefs is that we’re business people, first and foremost. Everything we do is strategic and focused on client success. Beginning on day one, our associates gain experience in all aspects of business accounting and finance. Our culture embraces continued development with a career continuum to allow our team to grow with our company. Our directors have a wide range of experience that includes public accounting and corporate leadership, which makes them valued assets to our clients and excellent mentors to our associates.
We take pride in the startup and emerging growth companies we serve, and we embrace a bit of that culture ourselves. From a relaxed dress code to quarterly outings that include Phillies games, paintball, and go-karting, we work hard to have fun as a team.
G-Squared Partners offers unique career opportunities for finance and accounting professionals who are looking to work closely with entrepreneurs. Our relaxed yet professional office setting is the perfect training ground for both recent graduates, as well as seasoned business professionals.
To be clear, this role is client-facing. You will work directly with several of our rapidly growing, venture-backed clients as the acting part-time controller/VP Finance/CFO. This is a full-time role, as you will be working with numerous companies at the same time. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background gained by working in public accounting for several years, is proficient in software revenue recognition, building complex budgets, and forecasts, and loves working with fast-growing companies.
We are looking for someone with progressive management experience in an emerging growth business. Moreover, the candidate should enjoy a little bit of chaos, as not only are our clients growing rapidly, so is G-Squared Partners. We need to be responsive to multiple demands from our clients, at any given time. G-Squared Partners is a client service company, so clients and service come first. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, agile, and highly knowledgeable professional who is looking for an alternative career path at a successful firm with a startup attitude.
With each client, you would be responsible for:
• Financial accounting and reporting.
• Monthly financial statements including the preparation of financial slides for the Board of Director meetings.
• Creation and maintenance of monthly/weekly metrics.
• Development of multi-year forecasts and annual budgets with the assistance of senior management.
• Accounting for Stock Option grants. This includes the calculation of stock-based compensation expense.
• Maintaining company Cap tables.
• Redesign the chart of accounts for proper GAAP presentation (if necessary).
• Ensuring compliance with all internal and external reporting deadlines.
• All Insurance policy renewals and coverage evaluation.
• Developing and implementing internal control and operating procedures in order to create an environment conducive to reliable financial reporting.
• Providing guidance on technical accounting issues on a range of accounting topics, specifically software revenue recognition.
• Providing guidance or assisting with human resource-related issues.
• Working closely with external auditors and attorneys.
• Ad hoc analysis as requested by management.
The most qualified candidate will have big accounting firm experience as well as experience and a passion for working with entrepreneurial companies. Candidates with a mix of public accounting and entrepreneurial business experience will be considered first.
Required experience: Five to ten years of management finance experience with a B.S or Masters in Accounting.
If G-Squared sounds like the place for you, consider sending us your resume.